Shop Manager - Leys Avenue, Letchworth
Garden House Hospice Care have a big ambition to become the leading preloved and sustainable retailer on the high street.
We have an exciting and unique opportunity for someone to join our team as a Shop Manager for our flagship fashion shop in Letchworth Garden City. Our shop in Leys Avenue is one of our most successful and profitable shops with huge potential to grow and raise even more vital income for Garden House Hospice Care.
We are recruiting for a committed and strong manager with a passion for sustainable and pre-loved fashion. You will have experience in retail and marketing, ideally from a fashion retail or charity background.
We are looking for someone with an eye for detail, excellent visual merchandise skills and the ability to promote the shop through digital and social media channels. Working in collaboration with our Online Sales team and other retail departments, you will be able to maximise the income from products by using the most profitable platform. You will also build relationships with local suppliers and auctioneers to promote our goods beyond the shop floor.
Our Shop Managers lead by example, making bold decisions and acting if things are not working. You will have the passion and leadership skills to motivate your team of staff and volunteers, engaging with the community to attract desirable donations and make the shop a destination. You will be rewarded with autonomy in your role and a supportive culture that encourages a healthy work life balance with opportunities to progress.
- Day to day running of the shop and managing and developing the team of staff and volunteers.
- Driving sales and promoting Gift Aid to reach maximum revenue potential.
- Maintain a high standard of display, presentation and cleanliness throughout the shop, you will need to be able lift and move furniture around the shop and ensure that health and safety standards are maintained at all times.
- Seeking new opportunities to market the shop, including organising promotional events and activities.
- Working collaboratively to build and develop a motivated team of staff and volunteers.
Ideally, you will:
- Have experience in retail, you will have a keen enthusiasm for all things fashion.
- Have experience in people management, including experience of working with and managing volunteer.
- Have a creative flair and passion for customer service.
- Be confident working in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive, driven and commercially aware.
- Have strong IT skills with a good knowledge of Excel/Word/Outlook packages.
- Aspire to the Hospice's ethos & values.
This role is a full time position covering 37.5 hours per week including Saturdays and Sundays on a rota basis, candidates should be flexible as there may be the need to work in other shop locations as required.
For an informal conversation please contact Carla Pilsworth on 07377 874921.
Closing date for applications: 30th November 2023. Please note that we are actively reviewing applications and interviews will be held on a rolling basis. The ad may close early if a successful candidate is found.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a DBS check. We can only accept applications from candidates with the Right to Work in the UK. If you have not heard from us within 28 days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Letchworth Garden City