Care home support
Our Frailty Nurses work with care homes, liaising with residents, their families and carers around future care wishes.
We believe in offering support and guidance in all areas of our community.
Our frailty community nurse specialists work with nursing, care and learning disability homes in the North Hertfordshire area, liaising with residents, families and carers around their future care wishes and escalation plans to avoid inappropriate hospital admissions.
Professional support is also offered to staff, providing valuable training on end-of-life care.
What are the signs of frailty?
- Reduced mobility
- Recurrent falls
- Susceptibility to side effects of drugs
- Decline in activity
- Decline in memory or confusion
- Slow to stand and walk
- Muscle loss and weakness
- Unintentional weight loss
- Changes in confidence
- Increased fatigue without cause
What support can we provide?
- Holistic assessment of residents (on admission to nursing/residential home or where frailty is identified)
- Knowledge of and signposting to other appropriate services
- Support for staff with advanced care planning and difficult discussions with residents and families
- Support staff with advance care planning
- Signposting to specialist education
- General support and advice
If you are a professional working in a nursing or residential home in the North Hertfordshire area, we can help you with any new admissions to your home to provide a frailty assessment.