*Opens in a new tab
We reward our staff with autonomy in their role and a supportive culture that encourages a healthy work-life balance. 60% of us are part time and we support flexible working, including hybrid working where possible. In return for your passion, knowledge and skills, you will receive a welcoming induction and continuing ongoing learning and development curriculum to support you in the workplace. Our annual programme ensures you fulfil any mandatory training required in your role as well.
Every recruit is treated fairly in terms of their potential to develop their skills here. We recognise people all learn in different ways and therefore a blended approach is best. You'll receive flexible e-learning from day one, alongside interactive face to face introductory sessions, and as you progress in your role, we will continually recommend courses as well as keep you on track of mandatory learning. Our staff really value the learning they receive. It’s one of the reasons people love working here.
You will also have access to:
- Great terms and conditions of employment, with a competitive salary and benefits package including enhanced shift payments, company sick pay scheme, generous holiday entitlement plus and stakeholder pension schemes.
- For those transferring from the NHS, continuation of NHS pension & NHS long service recognition.
- Benefits including an external 24-hour confidential Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work scheme, and free access to selected fundraising events, a Blue Light discount card, free flu jabs, and on-site catering.
- A 10% discount at all Garden House Hospice Care shops across North Hertfordshire and Central Bedfordshire in Baldock, Hitchin, Letchworth, Royston, Stevenage and Fairfield.
- Regular staff updates and a monthly e-bulletin to ensure you feel involved, informed and listened to.
- Free car parking, walkable from Letchworth Garden City train station and for those that cycle, we have a cycle rack and showers.