Make a will
Make a will with a solicitor in Letchworth, Hitchin or Stevenage in exchange for a donation to Garden House Hospice Care.
By taking part in our Make a Will scheme you will be supporting Garden House Hospice Care whilst also protecting your loved ones and their futures.
Writing a will is one of those 'life-admin' jobs that we so often put off. If you take part in our Make a Will scheme, local solicitors will waive their usual fees for writing and updating wills, (often starting at around £220 for a basic will) in exchange for a donation to Garden House Hospice Care instead.
Over half of the adults in the UK do not have a will written but it is especially important to make a will if any of these circumstances apply:
- You become a parent or grandparent
- You are buying or selling a house
- You are getting married, divorced or are moving in with a partner
- Your financial situation is changing
- The death or illness of someone close to you
- You are in poor health
- You wish to support certain charities or organisations
It takes just five easy steps to take part:
- Choose a local solicitor or will-writing consultant from the list.
- Call them directly, quoting 'Garden House Hospice Care', and book an appointment.
- You will be asked to make a donation to the Hospice prior to your appointment - this can be done by calling our Fundraising office on 01462 679540 or by visiting our donation page and selecting 'Make a Will Scheme' when we ask you what your donation is for.
- Email email@example.com to let us know that you have booked your appointment and made your donation to the Hospice.
- Feel good about the fact you have made your will, as well as a difference to the lives of people in your community.
How your donation could help
The suggested minimum donations are £120 for a basic single will, £175 for a basic Mirror will, and £90 for updates. You may incur further charges if your will is complex.
could pay for 4.5 hours of care from our community team in someone's own home
could pay for 12 hours of attentive care of our Inpatient Unit
could pay for five sessions of physiotherapy, helping someone stay independent
Fortune Wills & Estate Planning - Hitchin
Who to contact: Kelly Cave
Address: Malthouse Court, Bridge Street, Hitchin, SG5 2DJ
Tel: 01462 510400
Friis & Radstone - Letchworth
Who to contact: Renata Shieff
Address: 50 Station Road, Letchworth Garden City, SG6 3BE
Tel: 01462 486654
Tollers Solicitors - Stevenage
Who to contact: Sharon Brown
Address: 6 Arlington Court, Arlington Business Park, Whittle Way, Stevenage, SG1 2FS
Tel: 01438 901094
Hamilton Davies Solicitors - Stevenage
Who to contact: Ruksana Kaskar
Address: 28 High Street, Stevenage, Herts, SG1 3HF
Tel: 01438 315898
Heckford Norton - Letchworth
Who to contact: Caroline Selley
Address: 19 Leys Avenue, Letchworth,
Herts, SG6 3EB
Tel: 01462 682244
Thank you to all of our participating solicitors and will-writers who so kindly provide their expertise and skills for free, all in return for a donation to Garden House Hospice Care.
After you have provided for the people you love, please consider leaving a gift to Garden House Hospice Care. There is no obligation to do so, but your legacy would mean we can continue to provide vital end of life care to people in your community for years to come.
You may also be interested in:
Leaving a gift in your will
Gifts left in wills fund over 10% of the care we provide.
Other ways to support us
There is lots you can do to support Garden House Hospice Care.