Relief Shop Manager (FTC)
Garden House Hospice Care have a big ambition to become the leading preloved and sustainable retailer on the high street.
We are currently recruiting for a relief shop manager to support our existing teams in ensuring our doors stay open across our community.
We have 11 shops across Letchworth, Hitchin, Baldock, Stevenage, Royston and Stotfold. We pride ourselves on being at the centre of the communities in which we operate.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced retail manager with natural confidence and leadership skills, and a passion to build on something special. The Relief Shop Manager supports our Shop Managers in the running of their shops and provides cover for sickness and holidays.
We are looking for someone who is flexible in their approach, is able to quickly build relationships with teams of people and individuals and be a quick learner. You will be an experienced people manger, with experience of charity retail and volunteer management.
Our range of popular local stores would suit a manager who demonstrates a love of sustainable fashion, and who thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. The role involves travel as the manager will work collaboratively across our portfolio and requires the post holder to travel in and around North Hertfordshire so a full driving licence with Class 1 business insurance is required.
You will be rewarded with autonomy in your role and a supportive culture that encourages a healthy work life balance with opportunities to progress.
- Day to day running of the shop and managing and developing the team of staff and volunteers.
- Driving sales and promoting Gift Aid to reach maximum revenue potential.
- Maintain a high standard of display, presentation and cleanliness throughout the shop, you will need to be able lift and move furniture around the shop and ensure that health and safety standards are maintained at all times.
- Working collaboratively to build and develop a motivated team of staff and volunteers.
Ideally, you will:
- have experience in retail, you will have a keen enthusiasm for all things fashion.
- have experience in people management, including experience of working with and managing volunteer.
- Have a creative flair and passion for customer service.
- Be confident working in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive, driven and commercially aware.
- Have strong IT skills with a good knowledge of Excel/Word/Outlook packages.
- Aspire to the Hospice's ethos & values.
This role has flexibility with hours up to 37.5 hours per week (part-time or job share considered) including Saturdays and Sundays on a rota basis, candidates should be flexible and have access to a vehicle and be willing to travel across our patch to all of our shops. This is a fixed term position until April 2024.
For an informal conversation please contact Kelly Jode on 07494894418.
Closing date for applications: 30th November 2023. Please note that we are actively reviewing applications and interviews will be held on a rolling basis. The ad may close early if a successful candidate is found.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a DBS check. We can only accept applications from candidates with the Right to Work in the UK. If you have not heard from us within 28 days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Fixed Term to April 2024