Event Name: North Coast 500 Cycle Ride
Event Date: 14 Sep 2019 12:00 AM - 22 Sep 2019 11:59 PM
Conditions of entry
North Coast 500
Terms & Conditions
1. The North Coast 500 cycle ride is organised by Garden House Hospice Care.
2. This is a charity bike ride and all entrants are expected to raise funds for Garden House Hospice Care.
3. Cyclists must observe the Highway Code at all times and be aware of the size of their riding group and how it may cause disruption to other road users.
4. Cyclists under the age of sixteen MUST be accompanied by a responsible adult. *
5. Cyclists should ensure that their bicycles are in a roadworthy condition.
6. Cyclists should appreciate that cycling can be very strenuous and should be fully aware of their capabilities. This is a seven -day cycle ride, covering a total of 500 miles, over some of the toughest terrain in Great Britain. Cyclists shall make sure that their health and fitness is in a condition that allows him/her to take part in this event. If there is any doubt, please consult a doctor. Participation will be at the participant's own risk.
7. In the event that a health condition is identified prior to the event, the event organiser will need confirmation from the riders’ Doctor that he/she is fit enough to take part in the event.
8. The event organiser reserves the right not to allow a cyclist to participate for various reasons, not limited to: Unsuitable clothing/footwear, unsafe cycling equipment, inappropriate behaviour, unsuitable fitness levels, health issues.
9. All participants are expected to respect the countryside, the environment, local communities and traditions. In particular, all participants are expected to dispose of their litter responsibly.
10. By taking part, all participants confirm that they are happy to be in any photos or video footage that may be used to publicise the event in marketing materials that will be available to the general public.
11. Garden House Hospice Care respectfully asks that all participants refrain from smoking during the event. GHHC reserves the right to not allow individuals to participant in the event on the ground that they are bringing the charity's name in to disrepute by depicting smoking at the event.
12. Any cyclist withdrawing from the event either before or during the ride must notify the Garden House Hospice Care organisers.
13. The organisers reserve the right to amend, postpone or cancel the event at any time.
14. All cyclists MUST wear a helmet and should NOT use ipods, musical devices or telephones while riding.
15. Cyclists should have their own travel insurance before starting the event to cover themselves in England and Scotland.
16. By participating in the event this does not confer any right (by implication or otherwise) on the participant to use, alter, copy or otherwise deal with any of the symbols, trademarks. logos and/or intellectual property of the event.
17. Participants are expected to make their own way to the start of the event in Inverness
18. These terms and conditions are subject to English law and jurisdiction
Disclaimer: By participating in this event you accept these terms and conditions of entry and acknowledge that Garden House Hospice Care has no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage to your belongings. You also acknowledge and accept that Garden House Hospice Care will not be liable for death or personal injury unless it is caused as a direct result of Garden House Hospice Care negligence.