We had a fantastic night last Friday at our Swinging 60's night. Huge thanks to Stevenage Golf Club, Mr H Productions and everyone who supported and brought tickets for our very first Swinging 60’s night.
What a fantastic night of live music, courtesy of The Swinging Retros, who rocked the place with amazing 60’s sounds!
We're excited to announce the winners of our quiz... Congratulations to Wendy and Paul who have won a special Beetles vinyl!
Did you take part in the quiz and want to find out how you scored? Check out the answers below.
- How was the Belgian Soeur Sourire known in the UK ? THE SINGING NUNN
- In 1966 Frank Sinatra had a No 1 hit in 13 countries, what song? STRANGERS IN THE NIGHT
- Who was the oldest person to have a No. 1 hit? LOUIS ARMSTRONG
- How many consecutive No. 1 hits for the Beatles 1963 – 1966 ? 11
- What did Brian Epstein manage before the Beatles ? A RECORD SHOP
- Who had a disagreement over ’Bangers & Mash’ in 1961 ? PETER SELLERS & SOPHIA LOREN
- Which trio had 12 US No. 1 hits but only 1 in the UK ? THE SUPREMES
- Who was having ‘Someone Else’s Baby’ in 1960 ? ADAM FAITH
- Danny Williams & Andy Williams both had a No. 1 hit with which song ?MOON RIVER
- Gene Pitney was how long from where ? 24 HOURS FROM TULSA
- What was Jimmy Greaves first league football club ? CHELSEA
- Which British coin ceased to be legal tender on 31.12.1960 ? THE FARTHING ¼ OF A PENNY
- Who designed the Mini car ? ALEC ISSIGONIS
- 1963 – Which San Francisco ‘rock’ was closed ? ALCATRAZ
- What nationality was singer Manfred Mann ? SOUTH AFRICAN
- Who or what was the ‘The Shrimp’ ? FASHION MODEL – JEAN SHRIMPTON
- Who was the star of ‘Up Pompeii ? FRANKIE HOWARD
- What satirical magazine first appeared in UK in 1962 ? PRIVATE EYE
- Whose radio ‘diary’ came to an end in 1969 ? MRS DALE
- Real name of famous model? LESLEY DAWSON