Clinical Support Worker 6 month volunteer role
Are you interested in pursuing a career in medicine or nursing?
If you are a student looking for experience with patient contact to support your application for further education on a medical or nursing course, then this opportunity may be ideal.
Take on a health care role in our 12 bedded Inpatient Unit working alongside and supported by qualified clinical staff.
• Work alongside our experienced nursing team spending time with patients
• Gain valuable experience in a challenging and emotionally charged environment
• Improve your communication skills
• Attain the maturity to work in such an environment and the flexibility to adapt to the changing needs of the patients
• Work either a 3-hour session from 5-8pm during the week or; weekends from 9am -12noon assisting staff in caring for the patients
• 26 weeks’ duration with an understanding that 20 weeks MUST be completed.
• A development record workbook is expected to be completed, logging appropriate objectives, experiences and progress
• Placements run from March until September and then again from September until March
• Certificate and letter of reference will be issued and the end of the placement for students to present as evidence, alongside their completed workbook
How to Apply
If you are interested in this role it will involve one and a half days of training and also some ‘on line’ education. For enquiries please contact the Voluntary Services Team on 01462 679540 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org