Registered Nurse (Band 5)
We are looking for Registered Nurses to join our Inpatient Unit team, who provide the highest standards of care to enhance the quality of life of our patients and their carers/families.
On 2nd January we launched our new, innovative Frailty Service. This will mean more people benefit from our care and live a better life. We will use our specialist skills in symptom control to support people living with frailty in the community. Our new service will add capacity into the health system and save the NHS approximately £2million a year. Our service was recently featured on BBC News:
All of us at Garden House Hospice Care are passionate about palliative care, providing support to enhance the quality of life of our patients, their families and carers who are living with life limiting illnesses. Putting our patients at the heart of everything we do starts by creating a happy and healthy place for our people. At Garden House, you’ll have more than just a job, you will be helping to make a real difference.
About the role
This is an exciting time to join our nursing team on the IPU headed up by our Inpatient Unit Manager, Joanne Hay, to support with the delivery of our new strategy ‘from Good to Great’. You’ll have opportunities to grow as part of a committed and talented team with access to a range of staff support services, the opportunity to be involved in developing new initiatives, Learning & Development programmes and Continuous Professional Development. We reward our staff with autonomy in their role and a supportive culture that encourages healthy work life balance.
A successful Palliative Care Staff Nurse at Band 5 will:
- Be a key member of the multi-disciplinary team
- Utilise their advanced nursing skills and knowledge
- Have a can-do, enthusiastic attitude
- Have experience of palliative care, however this is not essential as we can offer support through our training and development programme
- Be a compassionate nurse who will play a key role in planning, implementing and evaluating evidence based, individualised nursing care
- Possess excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills and be able to lead and motivate others
We recognise that our team are our greatest asset. Recruiting, developing and retaining our staff is a high priority for us and amongst the benefits we offer to support this are:
- Recognition of previous NHS service if you have worked within the NHS within 12 months of your start date which includes continuation of your NHS pension
- Free onsite parking
- Free uniform
- Subsidised food: Our catering team offers a range of hot and cold food options prepared to order on the premises
- Blue Light Discount Card: Staff can apply for a Blue Light card that offers discounts across 15,000 retailers
If you would like to discuss the role further or arrange an informal visit, please contact Nicola Grimes on 07535 586951.
How to apply
You should read the job description and person specification carefully and in your cover letter, explain where you meet our requirements. Please send your cover letter along with your CV to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: 29th February 2024. Please note that we are actively reviewing applications and interviews will be held on a rolling basis. The advert may close early if a successful candidate is found. Garden House Hospice Care are proud to be disability confident and reasonable adjustments will be made for applicants with disabilities. We can only accept applications from candidates with the Right to Work in the UK.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
£28,207 - £34,581 p/a plus enhancements
Letchworth Garden City