Donate to our shops
We will cherish your preloved goods
Help us to get the most from your preloved goods. We are always happy to accept your donations which can be dropped off at any of our shops or distribution centre during opening hours.
Your donations are sold in our shops and on our eBay page to help raise funds to provide quality care and support to local people and their families who are living with a life-limiting conditions.
We always need:
- Accessories - shoes, bags, jewelry
- Bric a Brac
- Furniture - subject to some restrictions
- Small electricals
- Books /DVD
If you have a large donation or a furniture collection* we will collect for FREE! just call 01462 678076 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a collection.
*Please note however we cannot do house clearances.
Go green for Garden House Hospice Care ♻️ Did you know that we accept rag donations? Last year we raised an incredible £112,373 from rag recycling alone!
Next time you have a clear out, simply mark your donation bag with 'RAG' and drop into your local Garden House Hospice care shop.
Donations we can not accept or sell
We are incredibly grateful to our supporters for the donations we receive, however there are some things that we can't sell for safety or legal reasons.
If you're not sure whether we can sell your donations, please take a look at the examples below and click for the full list here
Furniture and Homeware
• Any Upholstered furniture without Fire Labels (as below)
• Furniture with damage, rips, tears, stained or in unsellable condition
• Veneered furniture that is damaged
• Any furniture that is damaged or has missing parts rendering them incomplete or unusable
• Electric Showers and electric bathroom equipment
• Electric Blankets
• Sunbeds and all tanning equipment
• Fixed sink waste disposal unit
• Any white goods, i.e. Dishwasher, tumble dryers, fridges, freezers etc
Heating and Cooking
• Any gas appliances
• Any ovens, hobs etc
• Fixed Oil filled radiators and heaters
• Fixed storage heaters or hardwired heaters
• Any items requiring hard wiring to mains
Sports and Safety Equipment
• All buoyancy aids, floats, arm bands. All dinghies or floatation devices
• Personal Protection Equipment such as Crash Helmets, Cycling Helmets, Limb protectors (elbow pads etc)
• Personal Protection Equipment for work, such as Hard Hats, Eye protectors, Ear defenders etc
• All safety harness or load bearing equipment
• Firefighting equipment
• All car seats for all ages
• Prams and Pushchairs not compliant with current safety law, or incomplete/damaged
• Seating, high chairs, bouncers etc
• Carry cots, moses baskets
• Toys without a CE mark
We are also currently unable to accept printer cartridges for recycling.
Thank you, your donations help us to provide the very best Hospice care to local people every day of the year.