To support our commitment to the provision of a safe and effective specialist palliative care service to the communities of North Herts and Stevenage, Garden House Hospice Care has developed a set of values, which all staff now aspire to.
Started by the Community - Serving the Community - Sustained by the Community
- We are one team, with a shared vision
- We place the patient & carer at the heart of everything we do
- We respect everyone
- We strive to continually learn and improve
- We take pride in delivering a high quality service
- We take inspiration from our community
We will be using our values in a variety of ways: in the recruitment process, to ensure that we engage staff and volunteers who share our values and will be able to actively demonstrate the values to patients, carers, other staff and our team of volunteers on a daily basis; to measure how our staff are performing by instilling the values into our staff appraisal process.