Leave a gift
It’s a common myth that only the rich and famous leave money to charity when they die. This couldn’t be any further from the truth. The reality is that without gifts left in Wills by people like you, Garden House Hospice Care would not even exist.
As a charity, we rely on the goodwill of the local community to help fund our work. More and more people are choosing to leave a gift in their Will to charity, so please, after you have taken care of your loved ones, could you please consider leaving a gift in your Will to Garden House Hospice Care.
A gift in your Will can help us ensure that the people we look after each year have access to the best possible care both within the hospice and in the community. Any gift, large or small can help make a difference.
Why do I need a Will?
- Nobody wants to think about dying, which is why three out of four of us have not made a Will.
- Making a Will is one of the most important things you can do to safeguard your family and ensure that after death your wishes are carried out.
- It allows you to recognise special relationships and remember favourite charities.
- It may also allow you to avoid unnecessary taxes on your estate.
Without a Will, the legal system will decide who receives what from your estate.
How do I make/change my Will?
- To make or change your Will, you will need to visit a solicitor. Please look out for our Make A Will Week campaigns which run annually.